What is commercial auto insurance?
Commercial auto insurance covers a company’s use of cars, trucks, vans and other vehicles used while conducting business. Vehicles owned or leased by your company, hired by the company, or employee-owned vehicles used for business purposes can be included in this type of coverage.
Who needs commercial auto insurance?
If your business depends on vehicles as an essential part of operations, you need commercial automobile insurance. Road conditions, weather and other drivers on the road are beyond your control. Keep yourself and your employees protected with the right auto coverage for your business.
You might need a commercial policy if:
- Your vehicle is being used to transport goods or people for a fee
- Your vehicle is being used to conduct a service
- The nature of your work requires you to have higher limits of liability
- You are hauling a considerable weight in tools or equipment or towing a trailer used to conduct your business
- The ownership of the vehicle is in the name of a corporation or partnership and it is operated by employees
What does commercial auto coverage cost?
If your business requires owning and driving vehicles, then your commercial insurance rates need to be considered.
There are many variables that might affect the cost of your commercial automobile insurance.
- The driving records of all drivers: Lower your rates and reduce risks by hiring qualified, incident-free drivers.
- The value of your vehicles: Consider premium rates when selecting vehicles to add to your fleet.
- The structure of your policy: Bundle and get a multi-policy discount, when possible, to reduce the cost of your premiums.
- Driving location and distance: Your commercial auto insurance costs are impacted by where you are driving and how far you are driving.
Disclaimer: Statements on this website as to policies and coverages provide general information only. All coverages are subject to terms, conditions and exclusions of the actual policy issued.